Sunday, November 17, 2013

"Even the Best Fall Down Sometimes"

The lines from Howie Day's song Collide has been in my head for weeks now and every time I get in my car it happens to play. At first I thought it was a coincidence, but I have realized that nothing is coincidence. The line I am referring to is, "Even the best fall down sometimes." This got me thinking that no matter who you are that you are not exempt from trials. No matter how much you serve, no matter how much money you donate, no matter how well you do your calling, no matter how many times you go to the temple, and  no matter how much you center your life around the gospel you will face trials.

I work hard every day to ensure my home and life are surrounded by the gospel. We implemented rules to ensure that this happens, however my trials have not ceased to exist. What I have realized is that I have the tools to get me thru these hard times. Growing up I always felt that those who served others and did all they were supposed to would not face trials. Now that I am on the other side of that I see it differently. What I do know is that Heavenly Father loves me and he trusts that I can get thru these trials.

 In the October 2012 talk given by Elder Neil L. Andersen it states,"
How do you remain “steadfast and immovable” during a trial of faith? You immerse yourself in the very things that helped build your core of faith: you exercise faith in Christ, you pray, you ponder the scriptures, you repent, you keep the commandments, and you serve others.
When faced with a trial of faith—whatever you do, you don’t step away from the Church! Distancing yourself from the kingdom of God during a trial of faith is like leaving the safety of a secure storm cellar just as the tornado comes into view." 

We must remember these things when are in the midst of our trials. We must stay strong. The Gospel is there for us. We must continue what we are doing and not let these trials lead us astray. We must stay strong no matter what so that we may live with our Heavenly Father again. I have a testimony of trials. I have a testimony that Heavenly Father allows these to happen because He loves us and because He knows we can overcome them. As hard as it might be we can do it and when we do we will come out stronger. We will have more faith and be prepared to make it thru our next trial. No one is exempt. We were sent here for a reason. We were sent to prove ourselves to Heavenly Father. It is my goal to make sure I prove worthy. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment