Sunday, June 16, 2013

Can we fully be mended?

As I have started this blog and shared my story with more people it made me look back on my life. Although I am not proud of many of the decisions I have made I know they have made me who I am today. I fully believe it was those poor decisions and being able to use the Atonement that has strengthened my testimony. It is not an easy task by any means to accept that you have done wrong and repent, but we all must do just that. We can never fully comprehend how much our Savior suffered for us, but we can show our thanks by taking advantage of us. None of us are perfect, but we should strive to be. We must be a little better every day. I have met many people that seem to think Latter Day Saints think they are perfect or that we don't face trials and temptations. I am here to tell you that is so far from the truth. You can let your problems define who you are and shape your life or you can try to find a way out. We all come from different backgrounds whether that be from a  financially unstable family or a family with no financial issues. I guarantee you each and every family is struggling with something in their lives. Satan is in our lives to pull us away from our Heavenly Father and to make us think we aren't deserving of using the Atonement. I know that the Atonement is for EVERYONE!
   There was a time in my life when I felt lonely. I felt like no one was there and I cried myself to sleep every night. I had fallen away from the church and I felt as lonely as I ever had in my entire life. I couldn't feel the Spirit in my life. Satan had gotten to me and convinced be that I was not worthy. There were days I often felt like it would be easier to just depart from this world and be done with my test. Honestly there were few things that kept me here. As painful  as things were in my life it wasn't fair to my mom and dad. What would my mom tell Isaac my baby brother about his older sister if  he had grow up without me? It was never an option no matter how much I felt like it would be easier.  I say to you to remember this: You are never alone. Our Heavenly Father is always with us and you are always on his mind. If you allow Him to be in your life He will comfort you. The day I talked to my Bishop about my life was the day I felt that I wasn't really alone. My Heavenly Father had kept me going every day.
  I returned to church and met people who helped strengthen me and many of them did not know the trials I was facing. They probably do not even know that their willingness to be my friend helped me out of the darkness I was in. I had avoided the single's ward because I wasn't sure I would get anything from it, but I knew it was where Heavenly Father wanted me to be. Those friends were the reason I needed to be there because He knew they would help me be strengthened. When I met my husband Clint  my life was a mess. I had no intentions in dating anyone until I could get my life back on track, but Heavenly Father had a different plan. He gave me my eternal companion and although I didn't feel ready I quickly realized I needed to get ready. He helped me out of the darkness and when he accepted everything that was going on in my life I knew Heavenly Father could as well.
   I have a testimony that if you give yourself to your Heavenly Father that He can truly make mend you. He has mended me and He has blessed my life in so many ways. I would never turn away from this gospel again and that is a gift He gave me. If you are lonely: Pray. If you are poor in spirit: Pray. If you are broken: Pray. Do not let your trials define who you are. You are a child of God and your Heavenly Father loves you. You just need to talk to him. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment