Saturday, June 22, 2013

"It's A Jungle Out There..."



It's late and I am exhausted, but I have so much on my mind so I thought now is the best time to share it. I returned today from my first ever Girl's Camp.  It was an amazing experience. I feel as if I feel the Spirit often, but it is a totally different experience to feel the Spirit for many days straight. I witnessed many amazing things and although it was tough I wouldn't trade it for anything.
 
 When we got to Girl's camp it was raining and cold. We weren't exactly prepared for this, but we continued with our work. We decorated our cabins and prepared camp for the girls' arrival. When the buses pulled up it was still raining, but when they started to get off the bus for the opening flag ceremony it stopped raining enough to complete the ceremony. When I witnessed this I knew it would be full of things like this.
 
  We jumped right in to things and started the day. We were able to witness a flag be retired and this is something I have never seen. We listened to many quotes about the flag, many songs about our beautiful country, and then Brother Randy Hyer played Taps as the flag moved over the fire and was burned. While I watched this I couldn't help, but think of the friends of my father who gave up their lives for this country. It was a very emotional time.

 Most of these girls get to wear three white dresses in their lives and although I have only worn one of them I know the importance. Your blessing dress, your baptismal dress, and your temple/wedding dress.  This was the most emotional part for me. We listened to men of the Priesthood tell the girls why they picked their wives and it was so amazing. Nothing made me feel the Spirit more than we sang all together the theme song, "Stand In Holy Places."

  On Friday it was hike day and we decided to go on the most difficult hike. It was straight up the mountain. It was difficult, but my friends kept reminding me that we can do hard things. Brother Hyer was with us on this hike and he was my hero. I had a very hard time and he carried my bag for me which made it much easier. He also helped me down the mountain. Soon after we returned I started to get a migraine. It quickly became the worst migraine I have ever had. I was throwing  up and in tears. I then asked Brother Hyer if he would give me a blessing. I went along with him and President Hughes in the wooded area where I received a blessing. A blessing that I know was from my Heavenly Father. While I was receiving this blessing I was in tears because the things that were said were so personal and they were things these men did not know. I know that my Heavenly Father blessed me and when I walked back out of the wooded area my pain was gone. These men are men of God. I am a witness of that. 

  My testimony grew so much over this week. Listening to our young women bear their testimonies helped make mine stronger. I am so thankful my Heavenly Father gave me this calling and trusted me to be a part of these young women's lives. I love the people I serve with. I truly know they were called by Heavenly Father. I am glad to call them friends. I am on a spiritual high and I hope it continues so I can help progress Heavenly Father's work.



No comments:

Post a Comment